Inside the walls and out of sight, your electrical system powers your home, giving you access to a wide range of necessities and modern creature comforts.
Often, accidental electrocution occurs as a result of plugging small appliances into inadequate or inferior wiring. Safety hazards such as this can be easily avoided by having a Sunburst Electric technician conduct an electrical inspection in your home.
What Is An Electrical Home Inspection?
An electrical inspection of your home involves thoroughly inspecting the electrical system running throughout, to ensure that all wiring, plugs and other components meet the required legal safety standard.
On completing this inspection, the Sunburst Electric inspector provides a detailed checklist of areas in need of immediate attention, recommendations for improvements, and potential upgrade possibilities. This checklist is laid out in order of priority, ranging from immediately urgent to minor.
Electrical Home Inspections Are Recommended When:
- Selling / Purchasing a home.
- A home is 30 years old or older.
- Adding a new appliance or electricity-dependent feature
- Performing major renovations or extending floor size
An electrical home inspection is important for the safety of your home, and gives you peace of mind:
- Ensures the safe use of electrical components throughout your home
- Identifies common electrical errors made by contractors and/or previous owners
- Identifies outdated or degraded wiring and other components
- Facilitates correction of potential fire and other safety hazards, saving you money, electricity and time
- Ensures that your home complies with insurance requirements
- Guarantees that the home you intend to purchase is safe and legally compliant
What the Sunburst Electric home inspection covers:
- Verification of proper light bulb wattage
- Condition and operation of switch- and wall-outlets
- Identifying potential shock and electrocution hazards
- A thorough check of all security and safety lighting
- Grounding systems
- Validating that surge protection is appropriate and effective
- Verifying that smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors (where applicable) are properly installed and operational
- Inspecting the electrical panel (‘DB board’) for the appropriate labelling, amps, and functionality
- Examines any outdoor electrical systems.
- Provides a detailed report on all areas concerning your home’s electrical system, listed in order of priority
Our professional team of Sunburst Electric technicians offer this inspection as part of every service call at no extra cost to you. Please don’t hesitate – make the safe choice by contacting us today.