Businesses today need to keep up with advances in technology. However, many businesses exist in buildings whose electrical systems cannot cope with the increased demand that modern devices bring. Employees make use of a wide range of devices, from the moment they arrive until the moment they leave again.
There is no better time than now to upgrade your building’s electrical circuitry to make sure that your electrical needs can be met without risk or complication. At the end of the day, any downtime caused by electrical issues costs your business money.
Contact Sunburst Electric for support with all your business’s electricity needs. With our help, you can bid farewell to electricity issues and any potential hazards, with confidence.
What Is AN Electrical Circuit Overload & How Do I Prevent It?
An electrical circuit overload occurs when more amperage than the circuit can handle is transferred across an electrical wire. These can be the cause of corroded, loose or faulty wiring or connections. The most common cause of circuit overloads is drawing more power than the outlet’s maximum capacity, i.e. plugging too many devices into the same plug point at once. This causes circuit breakers to trip or breaker fuses to blow, cutting off power to all those plugged in devices and putting a stop to productivity entirely.
Outlets should be upgraded to avoid overloading your circuits. By installing electrical circuits that have enough capacity to meet the demand in each area of your building, you are actively preventing loss of power and productivity, as well as damage to expensive appliances and hardware.
12 Reasons To Upgrade Your Circuits
- Security Systems: Do you want to install a security system to ward off intruders?
- Specialty Lighting: Do you want to add task lighting, recessed lighting, track lighting, accent lighting, mood lighting, wall sconces, or other specialty light fixtures in your home?
- Appliances: Do you need more outlets to plug in your appliances? Do want to put a deep freeze in your basement or garage?
- Additional Outdoor Electricity: Are you adding security or landscape lighting, a pool, a sauna, a steam room, a hot tub, a new sprinkler system? Do you want a place to plug in your holiday lights?
- Ceiling Fans: Do you want to be able to turn the fan off while leaving the light on with the flip of a switch?
- Emergency Generator Installation: Do you want continuous power in case of a hurricane, ice storm, blizzard, or blackout?
- Home Entertainment Centers: Do you have a television, a DVD player, speakers, surround sound, a CD player, and a VCR? Do you wish you had the capacity to plug all these things in at once? Do you want home theater wiring?
- Overloaded Outlets: Are you using too many power strips, extension cords, or adding on additional outlet plugs? Do you wish you had more outlets to support your electronics?
- Home Office Equipment: Do you need additional outlets or phone modem connections to support your home office equipment? Do you want to add computer accessibility for your children’s rooms or your guest rooms?
- Cable or Satellite TV: Do you want to add cable or satellite television in any of your other bedrooms?
- Garage or Workshop: Are you tired of unplugging and re-plugging in devices in your workshop so that you can use your power tools or lawn equipment?
- Lighting Control Stations: Do you want to operate multiple lights from a single location? Do you want to set mood lighting in several rooms with the touch of a button?
Sunburst Electric is offers safe, trustworthy circuit breaker replacement services for your home, which improves safety and energy efficiency. Our team of professionals looks forward to supporting you for all of your electrical needs. Contact us to make an appointment today!