The pace at which technology is advancing means that as buildings age, the various components that make up their electrical systems can very quickly become outdated – even dangerously so. Generally, buildings of 30 years old or older should have their electrical systems upgraded, if they haven’t done so already within the last 5 years. Retrofit lighting involves replacing outdated, ‘dinosaur’ lighting and lighting systems in your building with newer, more advanced replacements that are more energy-efficient and less costly to maintain.
If you experience any of the following on a regular basis, your business’s electrical system is most likely overloaded, and it is important to have it professionally updated:
- Flickering lights
- Frequently tripping breakers
- Fuses that blow regularly
- Crackling noises coming from your electrical panel
- Overheating electrical service conductors
- Insufficient outlets to accomodate all the computers and other equipment that your business uses
- Electronic devices running at less than full power
Simply updating your electrical panel cuts down on a number of risks associated with outdated electrical equipment. Protect your employees, customers and valuable property by ensuring that your company’s electrical system – including its lighting – is up-to-date and functioning properly. Contact our team at Sunburst Electric for assistance you can trust.